#1 nannerbananner

nannerbananner

New Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

Hello hello! 

I'm making my way over to telluride this weekend (4/22-24) and was hoping to do the Blue Lakes Trail while I'm in the area. I've never done this trail, so I'm hoping to gain some insight on the its hiking conditions during this time of year. I'm wondering if I will need snow shoes or if it will be walkable snow? Walkable meaning I wont be knees up in snow. 

Also, I wanted to know if it is possible to fly fish in that area? I know it is allowed, but am unsure if the water is still frozen over or not. 

My last question to y'all is to see if its still quite crowded during this time of year? I've wanted to do this hike for such a long time, but have always been scared away by the crowdedness. 

I look forward to hearing y'all's insight. 

Thank you!

Anna 

#2 DrCloud

DrCloud

Ancient Forest Gnome

• Administrator
  • 1,905 posts
  • Favorite RMNP Hike: Over the Top

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

Are you asking about the Blue Lakes in Yankee Boy Basin (above Ouray)?

Except for serious back-country skiers and maybe some snow-machine folks, I don't think you'd find it crowded. However, and this is mostly conjecture, I'd think you'd need a snow-cat to get even close to them this time of year. HPH

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blue lakesblue lakes trail, hiking conditions, colorado

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users